Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time on writing my thesis, which leaves me with little time to cook, bake and create. Unfortunately. But, even without a trip to the supermarket I managed to make a delicious dessert for a family gathering. I might’ve mentioned before that I have a lactose free diet, and my dad has a gluten free diet, so you could say desserts are a challenge. However, this dessert is gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and therefore it suits our whole family. Perfect, right? Seen the fact that this was just an experiment I was rather… preserved, but it turned out really well and I got some lovely comments as well. I hope you’ll like these (raw) ice cream tarts with cranberries, almonds, banana and coconut as much as we did!
[klik hier voor de Nederlandse post]
FROZEN CRANBERRY ALMOND TARTS WITH A BANANA COCONUT FILLING (yields 9 tarts)
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
For the crust
– 125 gr dried cranberries
– 100 gr raw almonds
– 35 gr coconut oil (melted)
– 1 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
For the filling
– 2 ripe bananas
– 40 gr coconut oil (melted)
– 35 gr coconut cream (melted)
– food processor or blender
– muffin tin (for at least 9 muffins)
– sheet of baking paper (cut in strips)
THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
1. Put the raw almonds in the food processor or blender and process for about a minute.
2. Add the cranberries to the almond grains and process for another minute or two.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and agave syrup and process shortly.
4. Take the muffin tin and add one strip of baking paper to each hole. This will help you to take the tarts out of the muffin tin when they are done.
5. Put about 1 (heaping) tbsp of the cranberry and almond mixture in each hole of the muffin tin and form cups with the back of a spoon or just use your fingers.
6. When you’re done, put the muffin tin in the fridge.
7. Next, put the bananas in the food processor or blender and process for half a minute.
8. Add the coconut oil and coconut cream to the banana puree and process shortly.
9. Take the muffin tin with the cranberry almond crusts out of the fridge and divide the banana coconut mixture over the nine crusts. I actually had too much of this mixture, but I’d suggest you put it in the freezer and you’ll end up with some nice ice cream as well!
10. Put the muffin tin in the freezer and let them chill for a few hours.