In the next few days (in the Netherlands), temperatures will rise and the Dutch will spend their days in their gardens, at the lake or beach, etc. Not me, though. I’ll stay inside (4th floor, flat roof, save me!) finishing the draft version of my thesis, which has to be handed in next Monday. To enjoy summer just a tiny bit, I made two versions of a super, super easy blueberry smoothie.
[klik hier voor het Nederlandse recept]
BANANA BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES (1 serving)
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
– 100 mL (vegetable) milk or fresh orange juice
– 1 small banana
– 75 gr blueberries
– optional: ice cubes
– optional: handful of oats
– blender or food processor
THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
1. Put all ingredients in the blender or food processor. If the smoothie is too thick, add some more (vegetable) milk, orange juice, or even water. If you want to have a cold drink instantly, add some ice cubes. If you want to make your smoothie a meal (breakfast, for example), add a handful of (gluten free) oats.
2. Save the smoothie in the fridge if you want to serve it later or if you want to cool it without using ice cubes.