If you do not have too much time for breakfast, but you do want to start your day healthy (and delicious!), this smoothie might be your best option. You’ll need no more than three minutes to put it together and if you’re rushing to work, you can just take it with you and enjoy it on the go.
I’ve added oats to turn this delicious smoothie, which would normally be a snack, into a real breakfast. I always like to keep this feeling of being full the entire morning and adding oats is THE way to achieve that, seen the fact that they keep your blood sugar at a constant level. Another pro: you immediately have had your two portions of fruit!
[Klik hier voor het Nederlandse recept]
BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE WITH BANANA, PEAR, LIME AND OATS
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED (yields 1 serving)
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 ripe pear
– juice of 1/2 a lime
– 15 gr (gluten free) rolled oats
– 100 mL plant-based milk
– blender or food processor
THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
1. Put your (peeled) fruits and fluids in the blender or food processor and process for about a minute.
2. Add oats and process for another 30 seconds.
3. Put it in a glass or jar, and enjoy!