Have you always dreamt of craving chocolate cookies without feeling guilty? I have, and I know you have. And I also know this recipe is your dream come true. These cookies are amazing because you’ll have a batch of cookies in no time, (because they are raw, no-bake cookies), they are made of healthy ingredients and you can use the dough for other purposes too (crust for pie, for example). I have made this recipe many times now, and I like them best as cookies, but you can also put the dough in a tiny baking tin to make brownie tarts.
[Klik hier voor het Nederlandse recept]
NO-BAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE COOKIES (yields about 25 cookies)
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
– 100 gr pecan nuts (or almonds, or walnuts, or …)
– 150 gr fresh medjool dates (pitted)
– 5 tbs shredded coconut
– 5 tbs (raw) cocoa powder
– 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey for non vegan)
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– food processor
– baking paper
– rolling pin
– cookie cutter
AND THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Place pecan nuts alone in the food processor and process until the nuts are small and crumbly.
2. Add 4 tbsp shredded coconut, sea salt, cocoa powder and pitted dates to the pecan nuts and process for about 1 minute.
3. Add maple syrup to the mixture and process for a couple of seconds, until you have a firm dough.
4. Put dough onto the sheet of baking paper and fold it around the dough, so that it can be rolled flat.
5. Cut cookies with the cookie cutter. Repeat step 4 and 5 when you run out of dough to cut cookies.
6. Cover cookies in shredded coconut. Enjoy!